Thursday, February 4, 2010

Rough Week

All I got right now is one HUP. Some days all I got is all I got, but there is always something to remind me to stay on the path. Like the time I was lying in my tent in the Iraq Desert, tired of eating MRE's, contemplating if it had been three or four months since I walked on a hard surface. When all of a sudden the nerve gas alarm went off.

Yep, Just like this:




Now, not knowing if you're gonna die a horrible death, did you get your mask on in 6 seconds, yada, yada, yada, you get the drill. To have that debate inside one's head, I guarantee, will eliminate any self pity that resides in the brain. At least for a couple of hours. Every time I'm up against mental adversity, I remember, that in a split second my life can be taken away, and anything is better than that.

Also this week, I saw the trainer.

Not this guy:



He has his own problems

I thought I'd get one like this:



Minus the fixie.

Anyway, I will be on a power program for six weeks, then endurance for six weeks. By then it should be warm enough to ride, and the trails should be clear of snow and mud, and the spring flowers will be popping out, and the epic mountain bike races start, and the road rides get longer and longer, until it all culminates the second weekend in September...............

No comments:

Post a Comment