Monday, February 1, 2010

The road to 2012

Ah yes, and so it begins. The mad craze to actually get fit enough to not be embarrased at the Masters Cyclocross World Championship, or in my case try for a spot. Yesterday Cyclocrossers from all over the U.S., thought for a split second of what it would be like to pull on the Rainbow Stripes.

Not this rainbow stripe:




But something like this:




For me it was a split of the split, split second. None the less, I will do my best to achieve an unthinkable dream of rolling across the start line, (and maybe the finish too) at a World Championship bike race. So on to the road. For me it will be a process, first of losing fat, then gaining strength and power, and learning how to turn myself inside out for 45 minutes. I have many mentors to learn from the next two seasons so I will be bilking them for information.

First I'll start with diet, this looks good:





Many more well rounded meals to come.


I cant say I miss this:





Does anybody miss this? I did have a Tommy's burger a couple times in my life but not lately. Once a year visiting family in California I will stop at In n Out for a double double, fries, and a shake. All I can say is yum! Life is too short to not treat myself to what was once a staple food.

Now, I just might forgoe that indulgence for the next two years!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I went on a hunting trip once and we hit Tommy's on the way out of town on the way to Gunisson, Colorado, a 20 hour drive. I was digesting that thing for 3 days. I've never gone back. -Orin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skillit, Let you buddy from CA know that we have an opening in the "Home for Clydesdales" on FMVC.

    ReplyDelete