Saturday, January 30, 2010

Maiden Voyage

First and foremost, This weekend will be about finishing my sons pinewood derby car. I know, it sounds easy, but it is a much tougher task than one would think. The dilemma I have is that he needs to have a hand in the creation, but I (selfish rant) want it to be competitive. So do I let him "create" and be dissapointed when it finishes last? Am i presuming that he cares? After watching the test run and his reaction, it is hard for me as a father to let it slide. He will build it and I will secretly make sure it is a competitor.










Next on the agenda is transformation. I know it sounds "Grand", but anything can be accomplished if the mind is actively engaged.

Do I want this:


or this:


I would like them both, but for completely different reasons. For now, the latter will be the goal. It is a lofty goal and seemingly insurmountable, only accomplished by hard work and isolation from everything else on the planet. It is a beautiful day here in Colorado, dreams aside, there always seems like much to do and little time to do it. I think I'll go for a ride.

Treating myself to the world,

Skillit

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the clean CO air has finally opened your mind to the possibilities, John.
    Your first Pinewood? Nice looking racer.
    Best of luck on "The Transformaiton".
    Type to you soon,
    Greg (Page)

    ReplyDelete